[LEDE-DEV] Release planning

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:52:46 EST 2016

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:19:46 PM CET Koen Vandeputte wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 20:13, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> > - Are there any outstanding changes?
> >
> >    Is there important changes we should wait for before branching the
> >    release? Is there pending stuff in the staging trees which should
> >    absolutely go into the first release?
> >
> Bump musl to a newer head? (or better to backport some fixes?)
>
> I see a lot of fixes since 1.1.15 on important parts which could
> influence stability as a lot of packages depend on musl:
>
> http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/log/
>
> Some examples:
>      fix build regression on archs with variable page size
>      fix swprintf internal buffer state and error handling
[...]

Well, if anyone is interested, here's a stand-alone patch for building
musl from git [0]. There's a small problem though with using GIT and
not point releases. It's because the musl version is used in the target and
toolchain triplet so unless you want ridiculously long names like
target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl-4c487165ff074e2f3fe7116140d1d9cded95b018_eabi

so I opt to just use 1.1.16 which unfortunately has the downside that
it's not getting updated automatically.

[0] <https://github.com/chunkeey/LEDE-IPQ40XX/commit/4c487165ff074e2f3fe7116140d1d9cded95b018>

Regards,
Christian