Proposal, progress in merge discussion with OpenWrt

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Mon Dec 5 13:50:10 EST 2016

Hello LEDE team,

we recently had a very constructive discussion between the 2 project
teams regarding the next step of a more than likely remerge in the near
future.

As a step towards that common goal, we all agreed, that consolidating
the two trees is the first and most important step that we need to take.
It was agreed that the easiest and fastest way to do so is merging the
delta from OpenWrt into the LEDE tree.

To make this work, we would like to grant LEDE commit access and voting
rights to Imre, Zoltan and Luka. To speed things up we would like to set
a 24 hour grace period for the very unlikely case of anyone wanting to
veto this.

Thanks,

Daniel
Felix