retiring issue tracker at github?

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:15:47 EDT 2016

On 30 August 2016 at 15:48, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> On 30/08/2016 15:42, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> Yes, close the github one.
>>
>> ~ Jo

> great, i planned to do this for a while, we will need a volunteer to
> move all open bugs from github to FS or send an email out telling people
> that we will close it and they have X hours/days to move their tickets
> to FS before they get lost.

Ideally we just import all issues from github to flyspray with a
script, then we don't force them to restate their issues and won't
lose the existing discussion(s). (Closed) bugs are also documentation
;)

@Ted: since you seem to be most familiar with flyspray, how much work
do you think it would be to import the issue from github to flyspray?
github provides a rest api[1] to access issues, although it seems that
all pull requests are also treated the same and you tell them apart by
the presence of a pull_request attribute. You also need to get the
comments for each issue individually.

Jonas

[1] https://developer.github.com/v3/