[LEDE-ADM] Repo finalized

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Tue Apr 26 14:14:12 EDT 2016

Hi,

> I would prefer topic base repos, which would be mostly handled by one
> user only. Sometimes I am working on different topics at the same time
> and it would be nice to not mix them. Is there some way that we can
> easily create and destroy branches?

I'm not sure what you mean here, if you have your own hauke.git or
~hauke/source.git you can push and delete whatever branches you like in
there so that shouldn't be a problem - or did you mean an easy way to
create and destroy *repositories* ?

> It would also be nice to have a target specific staging tree like an
> ar71xx tree, this is probably not needed for all targets but for some.

I am not opposed to that, I guess it is a target maintainer decision in
the end.

> I think we should allow rebasing in such stating trees, but not for the
> main tree.

Yes, that was the plan, only the canonical source.git shall have a
linear, immutable history.

For me the question boils down to whether we want to host the additional
repositories on git.lede-project.org (I guess yes due to visibility
reasons) and how we'll manage that, either by asking appointed admins to
create repos or by having some management system like Gitolite or Gitlab
in place...

~ Jo