Issues w/ kexec-tools when building images

Enéas Ulir de Queiroz cotequeiroz at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:25:50 PDT 2024

I’m nowhere close to being able to even check this, but I will give you a pointer. This usually happens when some Makefile defines multiple packages, one of them depending on kexec-tools (or any package define in its Makefile), and another one—which you are selecting—that doesn’t.  The build dependencies are resolved at the Makefile level, so kexec is pulled if any package in that Makefile is selected.

To fix this, you can add a PACKAGE_foo: conditional to the kexec-tools dependency. Then the build dependency will also have that condition, and kexec-tools will not be built. Look at the OpenSSL Makefile for an example (taking it from memory).

Cheers,

Eneas