A PCIe E-Key interface would have great advantages

Schmid, Florian Florian.Schmid at acd-antriebstechnik.de
Wed Jul 17 08:48:50 PDT 2024

Hi,
i have only recently started working with OpenWrt. I think the project of an own hardware platform is great. I don't know how far the development has progressed. However, I am missing a very important interface in the hardware specification!
A PCIe M.2 E-Key interface would open the way for the use of the new WiFi-7 modules from various manufacturers (e.g. FG8276MPUX from FN-Link, WMX8202 from EmWicon, NONI56M2-4x4 or BE200.NGW.NV from Intel and others).  This means that the entire frequency range (2.4GHz, 5GHz and 5GHz) specified in IEEE802.11be can be used. WiFi-8 is still in the future, but will probably also use PCIe E-Key as an interface.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards
     Florian Schmid
     Entwicklung Antriebstechnik
/// ACD Antriebstechnik GmbH
     Engelberg 2
     88480 Achstetten
     Tel.:      +49 7392 708-525
     E-Mail:  Florian.Schmid at acd-antriebstechnik.de
     Web:     www.acd-gruppe.de

ACD Antriebstechnik GmbH * Sitz: 88480 Achstetten * Amtsgericht: Ulm HRB 733397
Geschäftsführer: Johann Bolkart, Einar Fesseler, Fritz Guther