Question to recent Qualcomm CVEs

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Mon Apr 29 06:36:47 PDT 2024

On Monday, 29 April 2024 15:14:18 CEST Kalle Valo wrote:
> It's quite strange that they updated 2.5.0.1 branch first but my
> understanding that there should be updates for the newer 2.7.0.1 branch
> as well (2.7.0.1 branch is also in linux-firmware).

Yes, I also told them in the support ticket that this is from an older branch
than what is currently shipped in linux-firmware.git. But they told me
that they are working on newer versions (whatever that means) - but they
wanted to  handle first the update to ATH.11.4 (2.5.0.x) and then
step-by-step release it for newer firmware branches. It seem like that would be
up to 2.9.0.x - no idea why there is no (public) 2.10.x/2.11.x for the AP
SoCs.

Kind regards,
	Sven