OpenWrt Summit 2024 & Battlemesh v16 Announcement

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Thu Apr 11 22:19:33 PDT 2024

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 06:34:08AM +0200, John Crispin wrote:
> On 12.04.24 02:19, David Bauer via openwrt-devel wrote:
> > can you share which identifier was assigned for OpenWrt? I don't see it
> > in the list of the
> > IEEE yet.
>
> The process is still pending. SFC needs to register the OUI block as "does
> business as" to make sure OpenWrt shows up as the name.

In the meantime you can look at the Software Freedom Conservancy block in the list.  It is unclear so far whether IEEE will let us change the name on that block, or if we'll need to put the name on a new block, but we will get it done regardless.  It was required for expedience to use SFC's own name on the first block, to ensure it was ready for the first sample units.

Denver Gingerich
Director of Compliance
Software Freedom Conservancy