SoHo VPN providers and rDNS, etc -- recommendations?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri May 12 09:42:10 PDT 2023

Hi,

I've got a simple question.  I'm in the US, and I'm looking for a VPN provider that uses IPsec and can provide an rDNS record for my public IPv4 pointing back to my domain.  I've asked several VPN providers and they don't seem to understand what I'm asking (NordVPN, ProtonVPN, NordLayer, etc).  Maybe I'm just asking wrong.

How do you make SPF, DKIM, and X.509 TLS certificates with DNS: SNI's work without this?

The other thing that would be handy is if they also provided DNS hosting for customer domains (so I could drop GoDaddy which I'm sick of).

You'd think they'd offer both for one-stop-shopping but I can't seem to locate any.  Does anyone use Amazon for this for a single or a couple of IPv4's?  What's been your experience?

Any others that people are happy with?

Thanks,

-Philip