mt76 ac/ax bugs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:17:00 PST 2023

I have been trying to characterize a very difficult bug in the ac and
ax support on a new mt76 product, where
for mu-mimo and related, it seems to be generating an invalid or
flipped mac address on small (but not large) packets, eventually
getting through.

This shows up in my flent data as huge swings in delay for tcp + voip
or ping - but not packet loss. Has anyone else seen this?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:

> On 1/24/23 14:48, Nick wrote:
> > Hey,
> > We have testing-support for 5.15 in almost all targets, so we may be able to
> > release it shortly [0]? WIP 6.1 support is already underway in OpenWrt [1]. We
> > are using GCC 12 as our default compiler version[2]. Binutils has been updated
> > to version 2.40. Could we fill out the Release Goals page [3]?
> > It would be great to see a new release.
> >

> I guess an actual release here is a few months off, and I don't know
> anything about the state of 23.x, but I have 2 mt7621 platforms that I should
> try and get included sooner rather than later, and probably a 3rd in a few
> months.

This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC