m7621 i2c read failure

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Feb 16 07:21:33 PST 2023

On 2/15/23 13:31, Peter Naulls wrote:

> I'm trying to track yet another vendor vs current OpenWrt driver mishandling.

x00

> In particular, for the first read attempt, the value is always the first
> value sent as part of the last write. i.e, 3 in this case. After, that,
> it's always 0 (the correct answer ought to be 0xf).

(CCed Jan Breuer, as credited with the most recent changes)

So I pulled out the old vendor-supplied driver and dropped it in the current
kernel, where it compiled with no changes.

It works for reads, after a fashion.  It will read the correct value a few
times, and then 0 after.  The state can be "reset" by doing a write, and then
it works again.

Pursing  getting the current driver working here seems most prudent - clearly
the most recent changes were made for a reason, but I'm not sure what to do next.