Release Goals 23.x?

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Feb 5 09:13:34 PST 2023

On 1/24/23 20:48, Nick wrote:
> Hey,
> We have testing-support for 5.15 in almost all targets, so we may be
> able to release it shortly [0]? WIP 6.1 support is already underway in
> OpenWrt [1]. We are using GCC 12 as our default compiler version[2].
> Binutils has been updated to version 2.40. Could we fill out the Release
> Goals page [3]?
> It would be great to see a new release.

Hi Nick,

I think nobody wrote down a release goal page yet.
It was discussed here too:
https://openwrt.org/meetings/20221130#next_release_23xx
https://openwrt.org/meetings/20230124#next_release_23xx

There are still some open topic for the next release, but it looks good
for me.
* make remaining targets use kernel 5.15 by default:
** rampis: Fix problems
** lantoq: Fix DSA driver
** Fix some other problems with other targets.
* Add OpenSSL 3.0
* Merge risc-v support

I assume that we will be ready in about 2 months with these tasks and
can create the release branch.

Hauke