Bringing up new hardware, and GPIO definitions

Mathew McBride matt at traverse.com.au
Mon Aug 21 17:12:13 PDT 2023

Hi Philip,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023, at 5:49 AM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> On a somewhat related note, I got into my /etc/board.d/02_network file and
> made this change:
> [snip]
> board_config_update
>
> +logger -p daemon.info <http://daemon.info/> "board_name: $(board_name)"
>
> case "$(board_name)" in
>
> But best as I can tell that line isn't being hit... or rather, the whole
> file isn't.

IIRC the board.d files are run well before a syslogd is started (which only happens after preinit is done), so any syslog calls (from userspace) just get lost.

The best way to do debug logging from them is to append to a file (e.g echo $(board_name) >> /tmp/board_d_debug) and view that later.

Cheers,
Matt