Build problems with packages which are using openssl

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:56:09 PDT 2023

Hi,

in the past, it was possible to build packages, which are using crypto libraries like openssl, wolfssl or mbedtls, in parallel. One was build for the image, selected as <y>, the others were build as module selected as <m>.

This doesn't work any more, if a package is selected for usage of openssl with <m> and any other crypto library is selected with <y>.

Compiling is successful, but installation complains about to install a binary twice from two different packages.

I'm not sure, since when this does occur, but I assume, it was introduced with the openssl update to 3.0.x.

Regards,
Hartmut