next OpenWrt 22.03 and 21.02 minor release

Mateusz Jończyk mat.jonczyk at o2.pl
Thu Apr 6 05:18:07 PDT 2023

W dniu 28.03.2023 o 00:54, hauke at hauke-m.de (Hauke Mehrtens) pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a new OpenWrt 22.03 and 21.02 minor release in
> the next week.
>
> OpenWrt 21.02.6 would be the final release of the OpenWrt 21.02 series.

Hello,

Last week, a vulnerability in some WiFi stacks has been revealed. It affects Linux and
can in some cases break WPA2 / WPA3 encryption. It has received much media attention.

The paper is called
"Framing Frames: Bypassing Wi-Fi Encryption by Manipulating Transmit Queues"
and is authored by Domien Schepers, Aanjhan Ranganathan and Mathy Vanhoef.

I was wondering whether you would like to delay the release until this is fixed
in mainline Linux.

The paper is available at: https://papers.mathyvanhoef.com/usenix2023-wifi.pdf
Some more information from the authors: https://github.com/domienschepers/wifi-framing

Greetings,