gpio-mt7621 offset fix for 5.10 kernel series

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Oct 18 15:45:09 PDT 2022

On 10/18/22 17:10, Lukas Zeller wrote:
.

> Just not any more - the mt7621 had this too. I currently patch it back into
> 22.03's gpio-mt7621.c for my builds and set base in the DTS, see [3]
>
> I can follow the rationale to get rid of legacy GPIOs, but in the context
> of experimenting platforms, where GPIOs are a thing to work with in
> user space, there's just no real replacement yet (see details in [1],[2]).

Yes, I see.

I have a mix of C and scripted GPIO access in my setup, and certainly I can
move to libgpiod for that - or just just access them as files with
named GPIOs as setup per the DTS.

I do see the GPIO shell examples in the OpenWrt wiki, but the code needs
more work to deal with multiple banks, and it just makes figuring out
the GPIO number to use more clunky without any good cause.

Now, the numbered GPIOs really are just for debug in my system, the
actual code will use the named ones, but still.

Is the long-term intent for shell scripting to instead use the libgpiod
tools?

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.gpio