[sdwalker/sdwalker.github.io] 2bdb42: This week's update

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:59:52 PDT 2022

Hello Jeffery,

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 2:03 AM Jeffery To <jeffery.to at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 6:26 AM Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Stephan, may I sincerely ask you to stop spamming the list?
>>
>> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM <edgar.soldin at web.de> wrote:
>>> is the below weekly message of any informational value to _all_? can someone maybe block this if it's not? ..thanks ede

> As a package maintainer, I want to know that uscan is running
> correctly. These emails are relevant to me.

Nice to hear that someone is actually using this information.

May I ask why these notifications are directed to the mailing list
that is dedicated for development talks? Such a notification just
_looks_ irrelevant to some thread, it is not even a patchwork
notification or a buildbot warning that is sent as a reply to a patch.

> It would be very simple to set up any competent email client to filter
> out these messages, if you so choose.

It is a matter of balance. Everyone is happy to read these
notifications, but someone will not need them and will create an
automatic filtering rule. Or someone found these notifications useful,
but everyone else wonders why they received them.

Is it possible to reconfigure these notifications to send them
directly to your mailbox? Or maybe set up a dedicated mailing list? We
already have the mailing list for commit notifications. I am
subscribed and quite happy to be informed of development progress this
way - it saves me a lot of time and does not bother people who prefer
some other monitoring approach.

--
Sergey