Using WEP with LEDE

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat Mar 26 00:24:38 PDT 2022

Hi list!

I bought a new WLAN-router and successfully installed LEDE.
Now I'm porting the configuration of the old WRT to the new.

Problem: I have a WLAN, restricted per MAC-List and Firewall (use a VLAN
with strong restricted access) "protected" with WEP.
This is because I have a device that only can WEP.

In LEDE I installed the paket "wpad", in order to use the WPA2-EAP (used
by the other devices in my home).

Well, now I can choose many WPA encryption mechanism, but I don't have
WEP...

Do I need some other paket to manage WEP?
The only alternative for me will be to leave this WLAN without
authentication, but of course I'm not happy to do that...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)