Drop CONFIG_IPV6 ?

Robert Marko robimarko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:19:04 PDT 2022

Hi,

I am not one of the core devs, but I don't see a point in disabling
IPv6 in 2022.
Since 21.02 4/32 MB devices aren't viable anymore, can somebody
comment on whats the actual size reduction
cause I don't see that helping to squeeze stuff like PHP, etc that
somebody mentioned?

Even if your ISP doesn't provide IPv6 (Mine doesn't as well), I don't
see the downside of having IPv6 support.
I am pro ease of maintenance instead of the dependency mess that now
has to exist.

Regards,
Robert