ucidef_set_led_netdev port_mask equivilant for DSA?

Joseph Mullally jwmullally at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:14:21 PST 2022

Hi,

I'm working on a DSA device where the OEM behaviour has 1 Ethernet LED
show the state of 3 Ethernet switch ports (and is off when none of
them are active). It looks like "ucidef_set_led_netdev" is the main
way of setting LEDs for DSA switches. Is there an equivilant for the
"port_mask" argument of "ucidef_set_led_switch"? I think most DSA
devices have seperate lan1,lan2,lan3,lan4 LEDs so this may not have
come up before.

Compared to "swconfig_leds.c", it looks like the upstream
"ledtrig-netdev.c" can only monitor one device at a time.

Otherwise, the fallback is this, which means an always-on LED, and it
blinks when there is also WiFi activity. Not the end of the world,
just curious if this has been solved already.

    ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan" "LAN" "green:lan" "br-lan"

Thanks!
- Joe