salsa.debian.org as alternative [Was: Re: Switch issues and CI to GitHub]

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Fri Mar 4 00:44:14 PST 2022

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> [2022-01-23 14:26:18]:

Hi,

> OpenWrt is a rather small project, so it would make sense to piggy-back
> on someone with a bit more manpower. salsa.debian.org comes to mind...

IIRC it was already proposed in the past already. I'll include following note
for future myself:

 Sun, 27 Feb 2022 "you may have noticed, salsa.debian.org is currently down"[1]
 Tue,  1 Mar 2022 "over the last days I installed all missing upgrades."[2]

Although it's not clear what went wrong, it's probably clear, that managing GL
instance isn't pieace of cake even for projects with a bit more manpower.

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-infrastructure-announce/2022/02/msg00000.html
2. https://lists.debian.org/debian-infrastructure-announce/2022/03/msg00000.html

-- ynezz