Ethernet issues on Ubiquiti UniFi 6 LR

Mike Bernardo mike at aion.cx
Sat Jul 30 12:15:44 PDT 2022

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have a v1 or v2, first of all .. I've tried both images and I get LED related errors on boot with both.

I had this device up and running and on my ceiling for about a week and then it failed, not sure exactly what happened, seemed its ethernet link was down.

Now I can't seem to get it to link except at speed 100 duplex half autoneg off, but I can't seem to pass any traffic over it, running v22.03.0-rc5 on it now, I've upgraded since, using serial console and wifi but can't seem to revive the ethernet.

I've got it connected to a supermicro box also running openwrt with 1gigE interface. I am tcpdumping on both sides and don't see traffic being passed.

Anyone have any ideas or aware of any known issues?

Also I wonder if there is any similar ceiling mount hardware, with 2.5g or 5g ethernet, wifi6 and AP-VLAN support (for dynamic vlans with WPA Enterprise that anyone knows of. Yuncore and fs.com make some that look interesting but I don't think openwrt support has gotten to the recent ones yet.

Thanks!

Mike