IP-PBX users?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jan 5 16:09:19 PST 2022

Hi all,

Happy New Year.

Anyone out there using Freeswitch or Asterisk on their firewall as an IP-PBX?  I've not had to set one up in ages and I'm wondering what works well these days.

I have AstLinux running on an Soekris Net5501 but it's about to die... Plus I'd really rather just have a single box that does everything...  Plus it's still running Asterisk 1.8.6.0.

I have a single /32 that's routable, and I NAT behind it.  My phones are Sipura SPA942's and SPA504G's (2 each).

Anyone have documentation on getting started?

Or strong arguments to use Freeswitch over Asterisk or vice versa?

Thanks,

-Philip