Ethernet switch with linux/openwrt and DSA

Jan Hoffmann jan at 3e8.eu
Thu Dec 22 09:26:33 PST 2022

Hi Janusz,

> BTW, this switch have some issues with IPv6?
>
> Simple remove lan2 from switch/bridge and configure manually - connect
> my device directly to eth2 port.
> Seems IPv4 works correctly - while IPv6 not (ping6 ff02::1%lan2 - no answer).
> Same config (with removed lan2 from bridge) works perfectly with
> mt7530 (also dsa) on my mt7621 board.

I just tested this on my HPE 1920-48G, and it works. But I'm running a
build with some patches, so that may be the reason.

You could try if the changes from my multicast-snooping branch [1] fix
the issue. One of them fixes an issue that can occur even without
multicast snooping enabled and results in corruption of the unknown
multicast port mask.

Best,
Jan

[1] https://github.com/janh/openwrt/commits/realtek-multicast-snooping