Reaching out to Greg KH for 6 year LTS kernel versions

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:15:44 PDT 2022

Hi,

Greg KH has communicated a few times before on his blog [1] that he is
seeking the help of individuals and company to help him maintain the LTS
kernels and allow them to be made 6 years instead of just the usual 2 years.

5.10 is a 6 year LTS, but 5.15 is not listed as such, although it
certainly would make sense for it to be since we use 5.15 in OpenWrt.

It would be good for the project to have a designated contact who can
communicate the kernel version plan ahead of time, or once a LTS is
picked up, we could sign up people to do regular testing of the stable
release candidates?

Thoughts?

[1]:
http://kroah.com/log/blog/2021/02/03/helping-out-with-lts-kernel-releases/