Bridge-vlan bug? (mt7621/DSA)

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Mon Aug 8 03:06:04 PDT 2022

On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:58:49 +0200
Thibaut <hacks at slashdirt.org> wrote:

> > Le 6 août 2022 à 00:50, Mark Mentovai <mark at mentovai.com> a écrit :

> Thanks a lot for these details. Based on your input and looking at
> our current 5.10 source and the current upstream, it seems this might
> have already been fixed upstream:
>
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/0b69c54c74bcb60e834013ccaf596caf05156a8e
>
> I’ll check if this can be backported without too much fuss.

FWIW, I think I have tracked down a similar issue on lantiq xrx200,
abused as a simple AP. Roaming / handover to it resulted in a ~30%
chance of described blackout. All WiFi traffic is tagged. I found
that the packets directed at the station disappeared inside the lantiq
HW switch. MAC address query on the switch showed the station's MAC
was still on the outside, upstream LAN port (Layer 2 bridge of all APs)
When I replaced the xrx200 with an Atheros QCA9563 (same OpenWRT-22.03,
similar configuration) the issue went away, so I concluded an unfixable
hardware issue. Didn't know there was a workaround.

Long story short: lantiq might also benefit from this.

Thanks,
	Torsten