AVM FRITZ!Box 7530: New NAND chip
dev at aboehler.at
Sun Apr 10 08:59:42 PDT 2022
I've got a recent AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 with a KIOXIA TC58NVGS03H NAND IC.
Neither U-Boot nor Linux are able to read/write the NAND because the OOB
size is detected as 64 bytes instead of 128 bytes. I could get it to
1. Patching U-Boot qpic_nand.c with a fixup based on Manufacturer ID,
Device ID and Configuration Byte
2. Patching Linux drivers/mtd/nand/raw/nand_ids.c with a new flash ID entry
3. Setting nand-ecc-strength to 8 in the DTS.
Having a look on the Forum, this probably applies to some other AVM
devices as well.
I suppose that I should:
1. Create a PR for U-Boot
2. Try to the get new flash ID upstream and create a kernel patch in the
3. Create a separate DTS for the new device, similar to the FRITZ 7362 model
Is this the best way to proceed?
More information about the openwrt-devel