OpenWrt 22.0X release plan (22.03)

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sun Apr 3 00:23:49 PDT 2022

On 2/20/22 23:57, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:

 > We would like to branch off OpenWrt 22.03 as openwrt-21.03 tomorrow.
 > We would also like to create branches on the default feeds too.
 >
 > Petr will set up the new build bot instance together with Paul and we
would like to do an 22.03.0-rc1 soon when the build bot infrastructure is
working fine.

Hi,

is the 22.03.0-rc1 going be tagged and built soon? It is now almost two weeks
since the 22.03 branching, and also the 22.03 buildbot has been hapily
crunching build for over a week by now. All targets are steadily green (with
the exception of at91/sama7 and its packages arm_cortex-a7_vfpv4 ).

To get more real-life feedback (e.g. regarding firewall4), we should get the
rc1 out soon, so that there would be an official stable build for the general
populace.

(Based on the recent commit activity, the developer interest is quickly
moving toward kernel 5.15 etc. new stuff, so likely not much 22.03-specific
polishing is happening. Same story as with earlier releases.)