kernel: add a bridge feature for filtering BPDU packets on ports

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:20:26 PDT 2021

On 28/09/2021 12:08, Andre Heider wrote:
> On 28/09/2021 09:54, Andre Heider wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> But if I now switch back to what I thought was a known working
>> version, it still doesn't work. So maybe it's something different
>> entirely, like a race condition or order of setting up things that
>> doesn't hit on every boot?
>
> Updated again to current master without reverts. Problem exists after
> boot, and it turns out hairpin_mode wasn't set for both APs.
>
> After:
> echo "1" > /sys/class/net/$nacmaster/brport/hairpin_mode
> echo "1" > /sys/class/net/$bgnmaster/brport/hairpin_mode
>
> It starts working again!
>
> Cheers,
> Andre

fyi brport/proxyarp was still "0" too, which probably means that the
netidf condition "if (up && ifname != vif->ifname)" doesn't eval to true
as that's the only spot setting "dev->wireless_proxyarp".

Dunno if all that is related due to my "ifname" config?
For all "config wifi-iface" I have "option ifname" set to the same value
as "option ssid".

Cheers,
Andre