Kernel 5.10: Current targets' state

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Tue Sep 7 12:40:31 PDT 2021

Adrian Schmutzler wrote at Tue Aug 24 05:50:42 PDT 2021:
( https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2021-August/036159.html )

 > I just created an overview of current 5.4->5.10 conversion state. Sharing
it FYI below.

 > Note that targets which are not converted or that nobody cares for always
have the risk of being dropped. We probably also won't ask a hundred times
like last time before doing so.

 > Kernel 5.10 (only):
 >  bmips
 >
 > Kernel 5.10 (5.4 still present):
 >  bcm27xx gemini
 >
 > Testing 5.10:
 >  apm821xx
 >  armvirt
 >  ath79
 >  bcm53xx
 >  bcm63xx
 >  imx6
 >  ipq806x
 >  kirkwood
 >  lantiq
 >  malta
 >  mpc85xx
 >  mvebu
 >  mxs
 >  octeon
 >  oxnas
 >  ramips
 >  rockchip
 >  tegra
 >  x86

Now when 21.02 is safely out, would be time to finally progress with the
kernel 5.10 transition?

Like Adrian listed in his message, there are almost 20 targets where 5.10 is
a testing kernel. Some of those targets like ipq806x have been ready for months.

Waiting for the 5.10 transition may also hold up other needed bumps, for
example the DSA for ipq806x.