ath11k - pci - backports/.config issue

Robert Marko robimarko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 04:01:44 PDT 2021

On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 at 09:01, Mathew McBride <matt at traverse.com.au> wrote:

> Hello Janusz,
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2021, at 1:39 AM, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Hit some issue with my ath11k card,  so maybe someone already fix
> > it/know what I missed?
> >
> > My card (pcie):
> > root at OpenWrt:~# lspci
> > 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 3258
> > 0000:01:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Qualcomm QCA6390 Wireless
> > Network Adapter [AX500-DBS (2x2)]
> >
> > I have this card in my banana-pi-r64 board in pcie slot.
> >
> > Checked with current/latest backports (v5.10/v5.15)
> > On top added patch (added some changes, attached) based on:
> > https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/hauke.git;a=commit;h=0b115adb1b0cc9c19c7c780f3a9e6437fa0398a5
> > Simple choose kmod-ath11k from menuconfig.
> >

> Getting PCIe (QCA6390, QCN9074) ath11k cards working under kernel 5.10 takes a bit more work than the versions in the IPQ platforms.
>
> I have a tree here which I have used successfully with the QCA6390 and QCN9074 cards (in our NXP LS1088/Ten64 platform). There are still quite a few bugs with QCN (e.g no MAC address read from the card, reboot issues) but the QCA6390 is working well.

The issue is that EEPROM caldata download will be in 5.16, and even
worse caldata is not loaded at all for PCI cards currently.
And it seems like they broke AHB completely with the caldata
refactoring to add EEPROM, so ath11k is a mess currently.

Not to mention dependencies on QMI, QRTR and MHI which complicates it
even further.

Regards,
Robert