RFC: toolchain for building eBPF modules within the OpenWrt build system

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Sun Oct 17 08:10:40 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-04 15:20, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I'd suggest to require a preinstalled host toolchain for the time being.
How about requiring a preinstalled host toolchain by default, but
building it from source on buildbot?

If we rely on the toolchain on the host, the builds might vary based on
the installed llvm versions and would not be properly reproducible.

I'm currently writing a makefile for it and putting it in tools/ instead
of toolchain/ in order to avoid unnecessary rebuilds when the configured
target changes.

- Felix