OpenWrt imx split status?

Piotr Dymacz pepe2k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:03:27 PDT 2021

Hi,

On 05.10.2021 18:45, @SRCHACK.ORG wrote:
> Hi Tim-san, Piotr-san
>
> I have an on OpenWrt based buildroot with an i.MX8M mini board.

Is it a custom board? Can you tell something more about it?

> Since I used linux-imx, uboot-imx. it is not a code that can be merged into the original master.
> It running for Japanese communication robot.
>
> start porting to i.MX8M on openwrt master?
> I want to help as much as possible, when I have time.

I just sent the patch series with imx6 to imx with arch-specific
subtargets conversion: [1].

I suppose that i.MX 8M based devices should go to 'imx/cortexa53'.
Please check my 'imx/cortexa7' subtarget creation commit and if you want
and have time, follow it (you would need some basics like image building
code and kernel config-default, then you can go step by step, ideally
testing some initramfs image).

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/?series=266900

--
Cheers,