Suggestion: Explicitly warn to not use GitHub web UI for patches

Paul D newtwen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:24:21 PDT 2021

Roughly

Write this up into an FAQ/howto on openwrt.org (this is, after all, the
OWRT way)

Link to it in a

https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/configuring-branches-and-merges-in-your-repository/defining-the-mergeability-of-pull-requests/troubleshooting-required-status-checks

which looks for any commit containing:

Committer: "GitHub <noreply at github.com>"

Accepting "drive-by" PRs is overall a good thing, even if it is a bumpy
path.