Missing 'libubus.so' and change of ABI in 19.07.8

Giovanni Giacobbi giovanni at giacobbi.net
Sat Nov 13 07:17:49 PST 2021

Greetings. I have two questions about a recent change related to ubus
package in 19.07.8.

The first question is related to the ABI version change from 20191227 to
20210603. The changeset in the ubus repository the following:

git diff 041c9d1..38c7fdd

  CMakeLists.txt |  4 ++++
  lua/ubus.c     |  5 ++++-
  ubusd.c        | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++----
  ubusd.h        | 13 ++++++++++---
  ubusd_proto.c  |  1 +

But I really can't see the breaking change, could you please point it
out for me?

The second question is the change of the library name from 'libubus.so'
to 'libubus.so.20210603'. Was this intended? Could we at least add the
symlink 'libubus.so'?

My take is that both of these changes, together with unsharing the ubus
package, were really unnecessary in a stable branch nearing its end of life.

Thank you for insights and kind regards.