Resize of ath79 / ZyXEL NBG6716 kernel partition

Andre Valentin a.valentin at ddimension.net
Sun May 23 03:10:58 PDT 2021

Hi!
Am 23.05.21 um 11:05 schrieb Adrian Schmutzler:
> Hi,

It's a bit more interesting here. ZyXELs bootloader supports uimage lzma but only with a kernel size < ~4MB uncompressed or so..
The trick now is to use a uncompressed uimage and let now do jffs2 compress the image, which the bootloader supports.
That works, bit is way more unoptimized. This is the reason why we hit that limit earlier here.

Kind regards,

André