Flagship AX routers

Stijn Segers foss at volatilesystems.org
Fri May 21 11:18:05 PDT 2021

Hi,

Mike Bernardo <mike at aion.cx> schreef op 21 mei 2021 13:46:25 CEST:
>Would be great if we could get openwrt running on these, with 2.5gigE and AX.
>
>https://www.fs.com/products/115390.html
>
>It is a BCM47622, I wonder how difficult this would be?

Oh you'd provably get the board up and running in a jiffy. I suppose the multi-gigabit PHYs might already be supported as well - not in the loop in those. The wireless? Just look at Broadcom's FOSS track record with 802.11g/n/ac. And vote with your wallet.

Stijn

> I'd be tempted to buy one to give it a try.
>
>Mike

>>> Thanks, both of you.
>>>
>>> Is that the one that only has USB 2.0, so if you wanted to add a hard drive for NAS or DLNA, you're bandwidth limited?
>>
>> Yes, it got only USB 2.0, I guess because for USB 3.x you got to decide
>> to either live with 2.4~2.5GHz interference (like most IPQ devices I've
>> seen having USB 3.0 so far) or spend more for filters and evaluating a
>> board design.
>> It's definitely not meant to be a NAS, it's just an AP/Router, not even
>> too useful as a modem-router (USB 2.0 port supplies only 500mAh afair).
>> When using as dual-band AP, also the Gigabit Ethernet of the E8450 can
>> become a bottle-kneck, UniFi 6 LR got that Aquantina 2.5GBase-T PHY
>> (and also combines MT7622x with MT7915E, like the E8450).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.