opkg fails to install manually downloaded packages

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Sat May 1 19:52:48 BST 2021

Am Samstag, 1. Mai 2021, 15:14:35 CEST schrieb Hannu Nyman:
> Sven Roederer kirjoitti 30.4.2021 klo 22.43:
> > Digging further I found installing online pulled librt in. Restarting from
> > scratch ...
> > Downloading librt and wall via wget and running `opkg *.ipk` - packages
> > have been installed successfully.
> >
> > So the issue is obviously caused by resolving the dependencies which
> > triggers the faulty message:
> >
> > Collected errors:
> >   * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for wall found,
> >   but
> >
> > incompatible with the architectures configured"
> >
> > Previous opkg-version gave a correct indication about missing
> > dependencies.
>
> Yeah, I think that the changes in last November(?) caused several different
> errors to be grouped under that error message.

I made a build reverting opkg to "2020-08-31.cf44c2feb606" which restored the
known behavior.
> * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
jupp-data:
> *      jupp
Which makes quite clear that some depending package is missing.

Example opkg (v2020-08-31.cf44c2feb606 on openwrt-21.02.0-rc1)

root at Ahof-Frieden05:~# opkg install -V2 /tmp/jupp-data_3.1.40-1_all.ipk
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_status_files:
pkg_info_preinstall_check: Updating file owner list.
Installing jupp-data (3.1.40-1) to root...
satisfy_dependencies_for: This could mean that your package list is out of
date or that the packages
mentioned above do not yet exist (try 'opkg update'). To proceed in spite
of this problem try again with the '-force-depends' option.
opkg_configure_packages: Configuring unpacked packages.
opkg_configure_packages: Reordering packages before configuring them...
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
jupp-data:
 *      jupp
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package jupp-data.
root at Ahof-Frieden05:~#