ath79: Fix for Mikrotik NAND bad blocks - testers needed

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Tue Mar 23 01:47:48 GMT 2021

> So now I'm looking for testers (and reviewers) who could test this change on
> the affected devices (with bad blocks) and NOR Mikrotiks. Also, a word from
> OpenWrt maintainers if this is the acceptable approach - there is not much
> choice, alternatives would be include porting U-Boot, a task with questionable
> chance of success for all Mikrotik boards, or waiting for a bootloader update
> from Mikrotik that would allow booting from UBIFS like on their ipq40xx boards,
> and that's also questionable.

I have a few RB493G boards that will not boot OpenWrt due to the bad
blocks problem. Might your work work with them? The amount of spares I
have allows me to offer one to someone who might have hope of modifying
OpenWrt so that they boot again. I would be willing to split shipping
and charge no more than that (I am in the USA).

Of course, I would also be interested in hearing if Danijel's YAFFS2
solution is acceptable to the OpenWrt folks. These boards are still
decent hardware.

--
Mike

:wq