RT3662 NAND support

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn at jansson.tech
Fri Mar 19 16:52:20 GMT 2021

On 2021-03-19 12:06, Andreas Böhler wrote:
> Hey Mika,
>
> On 19/03/2021 11:12, Mika Laitio wrote:
>>> I'm trying to add support for an older ZWave bridge, the MiCasaVerde Vera
>>> Lite (similar or equal to SERCOMM NA300). It's based on RT3662, 64MB RAM and
>>> 32MB NAND flash - and this is where I'm currently stuck. The rt3883.dtsi
>>> does not define a NAND controller and I'm unsure whether there actually is a
>>> suitable driver.
>>
>> Hi little of topic but are there some z-wave bridges that are already
>> supported by the openwrt? And if you boot openwrt to vera lite via USB, are
>> you able to see/use the z-wave controller from that device?
>>
> I can give you a partial answer: I'm also working on the SERCOMM NA502 and
> NA502s that are also sold as Vera Secure, Smart Home by Hornbach, A1 Smart Home
> Gateway and a few other brands (I have the A1 branded version). Basically, I've
> got ZWave running, you can track the status here:
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/adding-support-for-sercomms-na502/22495
>
> Regarding the Vera Lite, I'm still investigating the possibilities and have not
> yet booted any custom firmware. I don't see a reason why the ZWave controller
> shouldn't be visible (it's attached to a UART). However, I found only limited
> information in whether this particular controller is supported by OpenZWave or
> Z-Wave JS.
>
> My ultimate goal with both SERCOMM devices is getting ZWaveJS2MQTT running so
> that a home automation software can talk to the gateway.

Or you can also just buy an usb based aoetech z-stick or similar and use that
instead, for example on a pi.
It is already working well with zwavejs2mqtt plus home assistant and doesn't
need any hw/sw hacking to get it working so probably less effort but of course
costs a little compared to something you might already have.