RT3662 NAND support

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Fri Mar 19 00:52:49 GMT 2021

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 10:42:35PM +0100, Andreas Böhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add support for an older ZWave bridge, the MiCasaVerde Vera
> Lite (similar or equal to SERCOMM NA300). It's based on RT3662, 64MB RAM and
> 32MB NAND flash - and this is where I'm currently stuck. The rt3883.dtsi
> does not define a NAND controller and I'm unsure whether there actually is a
> suitable driver.
>
> How can I best find/add a NAND driver for RT3662, or is it not worth the
> effort?

Good question, especially without the datasheet or any piece of code to
look at. If you are up for a lot of hard work, a starting point could
be here:

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/597

MT7620 was the successor of those SoCs, I would guess the NAND
controller is probably very similar to this one. MT7621 is a more
different design of NAND controller which came after, and as you can
see in the PR, the "old" MT7620 NAND was never cleaned up nor merged
into OpenWrt. For you it could still be worth the shot, if you find the
full datasheet of RT3662 somewhere you can compare with MT7620 (which
is easy to find).

Cheers

Daniel