iproute2 fails to build setting LIBBPF_DYNAMIC unless LIBBPF_DIR is defined.

Neil Kettle neil at digit-labs.org
Fri Mar 12 13:52:58 GMT 2021

OK I wiped the entire thing and pulled a fresh repo, same config for both devices, same problems.

I revert the iproute2 update commit, b048a305a3d3cbb5375e32757e70aa129b4c7c4f, builds just fine, I suspect there is some interplay between the default image config in relation to iproute2 and libbpf and my config (and I suspect Rui too).
No time to debug this myself outside what I did previous to patch around the errors, so I’ve just reverted that commit and downgraded Iproute2 to the known good version and will keep the rest up to date until it ’solves’ itself (or something breaks due to relying on the new versions, which I would doubt).