netifd: Send permission denied for syslog after proto misconfiguration

Florian Eckert fe at dev.tdt.de
Thu Mar 11 12:41:52 GMT 2021

Hello Hans,

I have had the problem for a long time that I see the following message
in the syslog.

Tue Apr  2 10:50:23 2019 daemon.notice netifd: wwan (11146): Command
failed: Permission denied

This message in the syslog is written when the interface makes a
teardown after a misconfiguration.
According to my researches, it must be related to this commit [1].

In the proto handler uqmi [2] and I think also in umbim [3] these are
the function calls that generate this message in the log.

It's not bad but it's not clean.
How can we stop this message to get written to the syslog?
Is it enough to send it to /dev/null?

I also wonder why we need this call at all.
The proto is cleaned up by the calls to uqmi and umbim binaries.

I'm missing the connections, can you help me?

Or does this have something to do with the dhcp?

Kind regards

Florian

[1]
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/netifd.git;a=commit;h=99cfef35370b274352934c2f85a9de83ac537036