RC3 seems okay on Archer A6 v3 (US)

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Sat Jun 19 12:08:28 PDT 2021

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:

> 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios work more or less okay.  The only issues I've
> encountered are reminiscent of my experience with the EAP235-Wall (lack of
> DFS; timeouts after repeated configuration changes, particularly when
> unsupported frequencies are selected) so I'm pretty sure they're mt76 issues
> rather than anything specific to this board.  Once a supported configuration
> is up and running, it's been solid.

After a little more testing I suspect I'm running into FS#3873.  I can
work around it by setting up the desired /etc/config/wireless, then
shutting down and doing a cold power cycle.  (Rebooting is not
sufficient.)  Once it comes up, it's stable, as long as I don't touch the
5Ghz configuration again.

I'll do more testing early next week with both the Archer A6 v3 and the
EAP235-Wall to see if I can add more useful information to the issue
tracker.  -Nathan