download: regression with USE_SOURCE_DIR and non-tarball packages?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh henrique at nic.br
Wed Jun 16 12:14:25 PDT 2021

On 15/06/2021 11:52, Lukas Zeller wrote:
>> On 15 Jun 2021, at 10:05, Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> wrote:
>> [...] yes, it would do that in case PKG_MIRROR_HASH is invalid [...]
>
> Thanks, that helped a lot! I ran the exact same tests with libubox and as those worked, I realized that the difference between the packages I tried and libubox is that the latter has (of course) a PKG_MIRROR_HASH.

Keep in mind that the calculation of PKG_MIRROR_HASH is not really as
stable and reproducible as it should be.

E.g. hashes calculated under Ubuntu 18.04LTS will fail horribly when you
try to build under Debian 10 stable.

> The packages I wanted to work with did not have a PKG_MIRROR_HASH at all, because under development and not yet released (PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=master).

Yeah, we had the same problem here...

> But finally I found out about PKG_MIRROR_HASH=skip, which seems to be the solution for packages under development. It is not documented as such, but as a step for updating the hash.

... and I didn't know about the =skip.  Will track that one down, it
looks like it would help our workflow as well.

> Would it make sense if I try to add a note explaining this under "Working on local application source" in the "Creating Packages" wiki page?

Please do!

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Analista de Projetos