[OpenWrt-Devel] mt76x8: Onion Omega2+ reboot problem [Was: mt76x8: Strange GPIO numbering on Onion Omega2+]

Lukas Zeller luz at plan44.ch
Sun Jun 13 02:43:16 PDT 2021

Hi Martin,

> On 12 Jun 2021, at 22:02, Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> There is a "broken-flash-reset" property which probably is missing in
> the Omega2+ .dts(i) files

Thanks a lot for the hint!

> If you have already considered this and my comment does not apply then
> please ignore it (I am not familiar with any of the Ralink/Mediatek
> SoCs, I just recognized this problem description)

I was not aware and it does apply to the MT7688 the way it is wired in the Omega2+ and indeed, it is not in the Omega2+ DTS for 21.02 yet. I'll suggest to Onion to add it.

But I was curious to learn what the feature does, and had a look at spi-nor.c (spi_nor/core.c). If I haven't misread the code, it restores the addressing mode to 3 byte at shutdown. This means an orderly reboot will work, but a unexpected SoC reset w/o power cycle will still hang. So if the use case is something that *must* reboot after any kind of reset (e.g. HW watchdog) this flag cannot fix the (HW) problem.

Best Regards
Lukas