Enabling Wi-Fi on First boot

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh henrique at nic.br
Tue Jul 6 10:39:52 PDT 2021

I will address the other points in a separate reply.

On 06/07/2021 13:05, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <henrique at nic.br> wrote:
>      > [1] The reports are public, and available at https://ceptro.br. Disclaimer: I
>      > work for a different division of the same NGO that produced those reports.
>
> Thanks for this pointer... but can you give us the whole URL for those of us
> who don't speak Portugese (and google translate doesn't seem to have helped).

Sorry, the reports go in https://cetic.br, I mistakenly wrote the URL
for the special projects engineering center (where I work).

There are summaries of the reports in English:

https://cetic.br/en/publicacoes/indice/pesquisas/

The one I quoted is this:

https://cetic.br/en/publicacao/pesquisa-sobre-o-uso-das-tecnologias-de-informacao-e-comunicacao-nos-domicilios-brasileiros-tic-domicilios-2019/

I am not sure how well that PDF report will survive Google translate...

On that report, page 69, the graph shows cellphones in 99% of the
surveyed households, but less than 42% of them have computers (of any
type: laptop or desktop).

I personally expect things changed somewhat due to the pandemic as some
households now have a "work laptop", but I don't expect that to change
the whole picture drastically.

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Analista de Projetos