Enabling Wi-Fi on First boot

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Jul 6 06:48:10 PDT 2021

Enrico Mioso <mrkiko.rs at gmail.com> wrote:
    > I wasn't sure about uci-defaults being the correct way to do it - I was
    > under the impression  it could happen that my script gets ran when it's
    > too early and /etc/config/wireless hasn't been generated yet.
    > If this isn't the case, then I think it's fine!

I haven't tried uci-defaults for the SHG project.
Working on Turris MOX, we had two things we needed to tweak:
        1) onboard eth0 needs to be WAN port (it has many modes due to
           different way MOX can be assembled)
        2) enable PCIe wifi with an unencrypted ESSID, and with only a very
           select set of ports open (DNS, 443) so that our app could connect
           and take control on a TOFU basis.

To be sure that we got it all, we booted up, tweaked a bunch of UCI things,
and then rebooted to make sure that all the right things happened.