Curiosity about FRITZ!BOX 7530 porting

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:16:19 EST 2021

On 25/02/21 20:06, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> Hello all!!
>
> I have some curiosity about FRITZ!BOX 7530 workings:
>
> 1 - Why does wi-fi seem to not work correctly when booting the device
> over initramfs when installing openwrt, but working fine when booting
> from flash?

maybe the initramfs version is not seeing ART partitions on flash (so it
cannot calibrate wifi card

> 2 - How does the installed u-boot detect when it needs to go ahead with
> booting or start tftp?

check the device's recovery mode or uboot env with "printenv" command.
It's usually either linked to pressing a button, or number of failed
boot from flash or it always tries tftp before boot.

-Alberto