Quilt and cutting down diff position lines

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Wed Feb 24 09:36:30 EST 2021

Well, after a lengthy quest into the world of quilt, I found that this is
actually a diff "bug", since diff hardcodes the context function to 40
characters max:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/diffutils.git/tree/src/context.c#n156

And since this is a prerequisite the user installs on the host, we cannot do
much about it either, as it appears.